SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary will be between $4,693.00/month to $6,591.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit http://www.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/hr/benefits/index.html
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
The Finance Area consists of Budget Services, Accounts Payable, Property, Accounting, Cashiering, Student Finance and Accounts Receivables. The department's report to three managers, The University Budget Officer, the University Controller and the Director of Procurement Services. These managers' report to the Associate Vice President for Finance. The incumbent will be an Analyst within the Finance Support Unit.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position is responsible for Finance Production Processing, coordinating Finance Month End and Year End, developing and maintaining Finance Security, creating and maintaining documentation and business process guides for the Finance Production Support Unit, maintenance of the East Bay Chart of Accounts, maintenance of the Department Budget Table, importing and exporting files as needed for Finance Production, and coordinating Finance staff during upgrades, patches and implementations. In addition, this position maintains all finance configuration, documentation and appropriate change controls.
This position requires a strong understanding of the PeopleSoft Finance Application and the major business processes within the Finance area.
Set up and monitor production jobs that run daily, nightly, weekly and monthly:
* Set up job selection criteria for approximately 50 daily processes
* Process approximately 50 jobs per day
* Monitor and verify proper job execution of 50 jobs per day
* Set up PeopleSoft job scheduler for nightly processing (approximately 25 jobs per night)
* Monitor all daily and nightly processing and be prepared to address any issues that arise
* Set job selection criteria for approximately 105 month-end processes
* Process approximately 105 month-end jobs
* Monitor and verify proper job execution of 105 jobs
* Monitor all month-end processing and be prepared to address any issues that arise
* Process PeopleSoft allocations as needed
* Derive and process FIRMS and GAAP data for campus submissions to the Chancellor's Office
Month-End and Year-End Close for Finance for Campus and Auxiliary Business Units
* Communicate with appropriate staff regarding month-end/year-end processing schedule
* Notify appropriate staff regarding the sequence of month-end/year-end processing events
* Run and distribute all required month-end/year-end reports
* Notify campus community of month-end/year-end events
Develop and Maintain PeopleSoft Finance Security
Provide support for Student Finance processing
* Cash net file processing
* Cash net Item Code & Student Finance Item Type maintenance
* Troubleshoot PeopleSoft Student Finance processes as needed
Assist in the coordination of Finance staff for testing of Finance upgrades and new
* Assist with development of project plan
* Assist with coordinating the testing efforts of Finance staff
* Document testing results
* Maintain test scripts
Assist with Labor Cost Distribution
* Assist with monthly Labor Cost Distribution processes
* Coordinate communications with Payroll and Budget related to cost distributions
Assist with PeopleSoft Finance & HR Tree Maintenance
* Maintain and verify all trees related to combination edits, Chart of Accounts (GOA) creation
* Run PeopleSoft Tree audit processes on all GOA trees
* Annually create required trees as needed
* Periodically be required to work overtime and/or weekends in order to complete critical tasks.
* Thorough understanding of the processing of financial transactions through the PS Finance applications. This includes transactions from other modules and interfaces.
* Must have good organizational skills. With many processes to run, edit, and review outcomes, the incumbent must be able to document all processes and their expected outcomes.
* The incumbent must be able to stay current regarding all the technology components included as essential job functions.
* Ability to work independently, prioritize workload, multitask and meet critical deadlines.
* Ability to translate verbal and written instructions into clear and concise documentation and Business Process Guides.
* Must have problem solving skills and excellent communications skills in working with end users to resolve PeopleSoft Finance problems.
* Knowledge of Dashboards and Security.
Requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
HOW TO APPLY:
In addition to the standard Cal State East Bay application, please submit a:
1. Cover letter
3. List of three (3) or more professional references
Resumes alone will not be accepted in lieu of a completed online application.
To apply on-line, please go to www.csueastbay.edu/jobs. If you are a first time user, you must register, create a user ID and password, fill in your basic information, save and click on the position you are interested in, click on the "Apply Now" button to begin the online application.
This position will remain open until filled and may close without further notice.
Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt via automatic email reply regarding their application materials. In addition, all applicants who were not selected will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process. Please be patient as this process may take several weeks.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
Satisfactory completion of a background check that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled