Position OverviewABOUT THE OFFICE OF ENTERPRISE TECHNOLOGY:
The Office of Enterprise Technology (OET) provides technology leadership for Maricopa County through innovative solutions, exceptional customer service, process efficiency and digital transformation. By leveraging technology, the County will continue to improve internal operations and enhance services to its constituents. OET team members enjoy a dynamic, can-do spirit within the organization and an opportunity to make a lasting impact on the future of Maricopa County.ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer works regularly with the Database Team to assist in ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) packages while performing their primary role in SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), dashboard reporting (Microsoft Power BI), and AdHoc development. Candidate must possess advanced debugging techniques and experience to reverse engineer complex SQL code plus the use of APIs. The BI Developer will leverage SQL Server Stack to produce various business reports while adhering to the team's standards and keeping technical documentation up to date. The BI Developer will evaluate reports to make recommendations for consolidations, standardization, and discontinuation.Position QualificationsWe recognize your time is valuable, so please apply if you meet the following required qualifications : Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- One (1) year of experience developing reports AND dashboards.
OR Combined education and experience qualifications:
Our Preferred Candidate has:
- An equivalent combination of post-secondary education and/or job-related experience may substitute for the minimum qualifications on a year for year basis.
Essential Job Tasks
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Public Administration or a related field.
- Five (5) years of hands-on developing SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS) and/or Microsoft Power BI dashboards.
- Five (5) years using SSMS working with large data sets in querying and analysis.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft products, including Visual Studio, TFS, SQL Server Query Writing, SSRS, Office, Outlook and Project.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation v3 Certification
- Health Insurance Portability and AccountabilityAct (HIPAA) Certification
- Terminal Operator Certificate (TOC) Certified
- MCSA: SQL Server Certification
- Plans, coordinates, and communicates effectively and professionally by way of spoken and written messages to a variety of recipients.
- Creating and maintaining technical architecture documentation (topology diagrams, SOPs (Standard Operating Procedure), knowledge base articles, etc.) that accurately characterizes business requests.
- Reports design layout, color palettes, lines, use of white space, margins, images, font, font size, filters (parameters), and consistent templates (branding) using strong attention to detail skills.
- Problem solves, analytical thinking and decision-making.
- Mentors team members in the use of Microsoft reporting tools (SSRS & Power BI).
- Performs database query tuning and optimization.
- Performs ongoing maintenance upgrades to reports and reporting systems architecture strategy.
- Participates in 24/7 ON call production support rotation.
Work is performed in an office and data center environment. May be subject to repetitive motion such as typing and data entry. Frequent computer use involving the need to see details at close range. Must be able to work after hours, weekends and holidays, as well as be on-call 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week. Must have the ability to travel to other County facilities. Maricopa County is an EEO/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Selection Procedure
The hiring authority will select the successful candidate based on departmental needs.
All offers of employment made to new hires and rehires at Maricopa County are contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment thorough background investigation. A background investigation is conducted on a current employee who changes to a Safety Sensitive Position or one having the potential for serious adverse impact on the integrity or efficiency of the County. These requirements do not pertain to employees of elected officials who undergo background investigation processes administered through their respective offices.
Typically successful candidates are hired at a salary rate, up to midpoint of the range, based on applicable experience, internal equity and budgetary allowances.
Closing Date/Time: 10/14/2019 11:59 PM Arizona