Position Description An Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace Final Filing Date: CONTINUOUS Exam #14/60B01T/05MD The Behavioral Health Bureau
is a progressive agency that serves children, youth, adults and their families with System of Care values of being community based, culturally relevant, client and family centered and using evidence based practices to support clients in the wellness and recovery of their mental illness.Children's System of Care
provides an array of clinical services from age's birth to 25 years of age and their families. Clinical teams include early intervention, transitional age youth, out of home placement as well clinical teams that partner with child welfare, education and juvenile justice.Adult System of Care
provides comprehensive therapeutic case management services to adults with persistent and chronic mental illness. Embracing the values and goals of wellness and recovery the therapeutic teams provide access services, crisis intervention, hospital based emergency services, alcohol and drug services, older adult intensive services and full services partnership programs. Summary of Position
As a member of a psychiatric team, this position will assist and participate in interviewing clients and families, compile social case histories, participate in diagnostic and evaluative staff conferences, prepare reports, interpret and explain factors pertaining to mental illness, provide case management services and work collaboratively with a variety of community, county and state agencies.
Candidates appointed to the Psychiatric Social Worker I - Trainee level may be promoted to the Psychiatric Social Worker I level upon meeting the employment standards for the higher job class which includes receiving their Marriage and Family therapist Intern (MFI) number or (ASW) Associate Clinical Social Worker number issued by the California State Board of Behavioral Science Examiners, within six months of hire.
The Eligible List established by this recruitment process will be used to fill the current vacancy and may be used to fill future vacancies as they arise. Examples of Duties THE IDEAL CANDIDATE Will Have a Proven Track Record Demonstrating Knowledge of:
- Social work and psychiatric social work
- Understanding of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM IV/V)
- Strong computer and writing skills
- Ability to prepare records and reports
• For candidates who are bilingual :
Effectively be able to communicate mental health terminology in a culturally relevant and easy to understand manner for clients and their families. (Bilingual English/Spanish may be required for some positions) The skill and ability to :
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate :
- Provide treatment to adults, children, or adolescents with various mental disabilities ranging from serious mental illness to dysfunctional behavior patterns including victims of sexual and physical abuse.
- In conjunction with the consumer, develop realistic, attainable, and measurable service plans and facilitate their attainment.
- Evaluate the degree of community functioning or emotional distress of consumers.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, and able to complete work using electronic format.
- Work collectively within a multi-disciplinary team.
Examples of Experience/Education/Training Required Conditions of Employment :
- Be culturally sensitive
- A team player
- Have great customer service skills
- Develop and maintain positive partnerships within the agency and in the community
- Possession (or obtain within two months) a Master's Degree from an accredited school of Social Work.
Possession (or obtain within two months) a Master's Degree which qualifies for licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist by the California State Board of Behavioral Science Examiners.
- Due to the sensitive nature of these positions, the Health Department reserves the right to fingerprint and conduct police background checks of appointees.
- Possess a valid California Class C Driver's License.
For complete information see the class specification/job description on our website at:
https://www2.co.monterey.ca.us/pages/hr/class-specs/60B01.pdf Additional Information BENEFITS: The County of Monterey offers an excellent benefits package (K Bargaining Unit)
that includes 12 days of vacation leave; educational leave; 11 holidays per year; health, dental, vision; life insurance; and CALPERS retirement.
For additional information please visit Unit K's benefit summary sheet at:
The information listed above is a general summary of benefits for this position. This information is not legally binding, nor does it serve as a contract. The benefits listed in the Monterey County Personnel Policies and Practices Resolution prevails over this listing. NOTE:
If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodations, please call the Health Department Human Resources Office at (831) 755-4502. Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the U. S. APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCEDURES Submit the following application materials to the Monterey County Health Department, Human Resources Division, 1270 Natividad Road, Salinas, CA 93906. Final filing date: CONTINUOUS
Resumes may be submitted, but will not be accepted in lieu of required application materials.Application materials will be competitively evaluated. Those applicants who are determined to be most appropriately qualified will be invited to participate further in the process. To further assess applicant's possession of required qualifications, this examination may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exercise, performance exam, and/or written examination. For more information or to receive application materials, contact the Health Department Human Resources Division at (831) 755-4502.
- Monterey County Employment Application form
- Response to the Supplemental Questions
Or apply on-line at www.co.monterey.ca.us/personnel
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.