As a member of the Enterprise Technology Applications Team, the Assistant Applications Portfolio Manager (AAPM) should help add value to Lake County’s business processes and technology investments through helping plan, implement, maintain, and support enterprise applications. The AAPM will help provide direction to the Applications Team, vendors, and partners, while working cross-departmentally to encourage collaboration and provide strategic direction for the application portfolio.
This enthusiastic, self-motivated individual will be part of a team-oriented environment. S/he will work side-by-side with the Application Program Manager (APM) coordinating day-to-day operations. S/he will assume management of the Applications Team when the APM is unavailable.
- Review how applications within the portfolio are used across departments, looking for opportunities to promote enterprise applications and eliminate redundancies
- Assist in the management of IT professionals responsible for the support and development of business solutions
- Coach, mentor, develop, and cross-train team members
- Determine and implement knowledge base for knowledge sharing
- Determine work and priorities for team members, and set expectations with them
- Motivate and support team members
- Direct vendor support for applications
- Develop relationships with application vendors and understand their business context and direction
- Procure vendor support
- Determine work and priorities for vendors
- Manage vendors’ performance
- Track software and license renewals throughout the year
- Serves as a relationship manager, ensuring that departments are receiving exceptional support from IT
- Liaises with key department stakeholders, Technology Services, Solution Delivery teams, and other units within Lake County
- Partner with departments to understand future needs and document strategic direction
- With partners, plan, implement, maintain, and support applications
- Study, evaluate, and procure
- Configure, convert, interface, test, deploy, etc.
- Maintain, including patching and updates
- Manage change control, audit, security, regulatory compliance, etc.
- Develop new application knowledge, skills, and abilities, and demonstrate your competence through relevant courses and certifications
- Develop other Enterprise Technology staff, helping them obtain new applications knowledge, skills, and abilities that you possess
- Sound understanding of Programming Concepts
- Sound understanding of Data Concepts
- Analytical and Critical Thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Team oriented with the ability to successfully negotiate and mediate conflicts/issues
- Familiarity with project lifecycle, background in large enterprise-level project management
- Excellent communication skills. The ability to speak technically and non-technically with equal effect
- Understanding of application and project deployment methods, both traditional and Agile
- Experience with both on-premise and cloud deployments, migrations, and data conversions
- Project management skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to work late/off hours during support challenges
- Willingness to be on-call and reachable when needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field – or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working on an Application Development Team
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.