THIS RECRUITMENT MAY BE CLOSED AT ANY TIME.Please: Lateral/Academy Graduates only
Under general supervision, to perform law enforcement and crime prevention work; to patrol assigned area and enforce state and local laws; to conduct investigations of misdemeanor and felony crimes; and to do related work as required. Examples Of Essential Duties:
- Patrols assigned areas and answers calls for protection or life and property
- Conducts preliminary investigations, interrogates witnesses, gathers evidence and takes statements in connection with suspected criminal activities
- Substantiates finding of fact in court
- Serves warrants, civil documents and makes arrests
- Conducts Coroner's investigations and prepares reports
- Investigates accidents
- Assists and cooperates with other law enforcement agencies in investigations and arrests
- Maintains departmental files and records
- Keeps firearms and other equipment in good working condition
- Prepares detailed reports of all activities
- Other duties as assigned
Must have successfully completed, or successfully complete during the probationary period, a Basic Academy certified by the California Peace Officers Standards and Training Commission. Supplemental Information: Knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of law enforcement.
- Laws of arrest and rules of evidence.
- Laws applicable to the apprehension and treatment of juveniles.
- Care and operation of small firearms and other law enforcement equipment.
- First Aid and CPR.
In accordance with California Government Code section 3100, et., seq., all County of San Benito employees are considered disaster service workers who may be required to report for duty, or remain on duty to address disaster service activities in the event of an emergency or disaster and are required to undertake an applicable loyalty oath.
- Demonstrate keen powers of observation and memory.
- Secure information from witnesses and suspects.
- Make independent decisions while working in the field.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Interpret, explain and apply laws and regulations.
- Write clear and comprehensive reports.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Use and care for firearms and other law enforcement equipment.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with fellow employees and the general public.
- Meet and maintain standards of physical endurance and agility.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous